Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Can't budget without all the facts

Well, I keep saying I'm going to redo my budget but I can't. I don't have all the facts of my budget at the moment. There are changes to it right now that I can't get until later in the month and next month. The best that I can do is to estimate them as best I can. I know about how much money I have coming in on a regular basis now I have to figure out how much more I need to come in.

What are the bills that I know each month?

Debt $20.00 (it's gonna take a while to pay off at that rate but that's fine to)
My phone $21.80 (can be reduced if I think hard enough)
Hubby's phone - undecided at the moment it's gonna be a while before it's put back in the regular bills
Cook's pest control - $33.00 (could cancel but then I'd have to deal with wasps and things myself, not sure about that)
that's $74.80 if I could leave it at that then I'd be doing flips.

The co-pay for ABA therapy is $3 a week, that's not much only $12 to $15 a month which isn't bad considering that the full cost of the therapy is $55 an hour. The light bill is being figured again and I should have the new monthly budget amount about the middle of the month so that I can figure that into my budget. Then there are Theresa's supplements and her diet, the food is a bit expensive but she does great on it.

How much are Theresa's supplements every month? I have no idea how much they average out to; I just know they help her so I buy them. I think I figure it out though, well when I have all of them and the prices in front of me. Of course I'd also have to have her doses in front of me to figure it out, the best I can do at the  moment since they just increased is to get myself a rough estimate.

She has one vitamin C tablet a day which is $7.50 for 100 tablets or $14.75 for 250 tablets. The larger bottle works out a quarter cheaper than the smaller bottle. Which bottle depends on the budget that particular month since the drive to get it involves going farther than I would on a normal week. One pharmacy carries it or I can order it and pay shipping that's more than the gas I use to go get it.

A bottle of her multivitamins is $14 for the chew-able and $16 for the capsules that are easier to get in her. They last two months when she takes them like she's supposed to which makes the average cost $7 to $8 a month which isn't too bad.

The fish oil is cheaper to order online and have delivered to the house. A 4oz bottle is $35.96 and a 8oz bottle is $62.53. The 8oz actually lasts all month and part of the next month. One 8oz works out cheaper than 2 of the 4oz.

Complete Powder is $35 for a month supply. That's a big savings over the 4 bottles of HLC at $38 each she was going through because of the dose.

75 days worth of calcium powder is $13.

OK this is getting to be rather confusing. I need to sit down with all the supplements and the costs then average them out by the month to get a true picture of the monthly expenses once again. I know how much money I have for groceries each month now it's time to make the amount I spend on them match that.

It's also time to get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment