Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Slow, slow, slow

That's how work is going but slow is better than none. I took the time to label some envelopes for various needs and wants. I don't know why but seeing a bank balance increase does nothing for me. Cash, cash does something for me. It's like math, it's just numbers to me but money I can see it I can feel it and I can spend it. I do much better figuring out how much money I need than I do with even the most basic math problem. The things I do to earn in my spare time (whatever that is), usually when I can't think to write is not being spent until it absolutely has to be.

There were envelopes for Auto Repairs, Household repairs, Vacation (like I'll ever take one), therapy supplies (yes we go through a lot of them and little one enjoys it), school supplies (uniforms are mandatory), clothes for me (desperate need), renovations, storage supplies, emergency expenses, the youngest two children's birthdays, Christmas 2012, and New Car. When the car envelope gets enough a new savings account dedicated to it, insurance and maintenance will be opened. That is the only way to keep up with it and not spend it since it has to be a rather large amount it is safer not to keep it in the house.

I need to make an investment in a fire proof lock box. I have a fire proof box but the lock is broken, not much good in the event of a fire. I know I can put off the purchase of anything major besides the new car since my homeowners insurance is non-existent at the moment. Now to figure out how much goes in each one. I get to make lists now. Each envelope gets its own list.

My well will get its own envelope too. I fear it needs an electrician or a miracle one. I'm hoping it's not in need of an electrician, they cost a lot. I'm just far enough out that even a typical visit is a bit high just for them to pull in my driveway.

No comments:

Post a Comment